Developing a shopping mall
Project of Developing a Shopping Mall
We are trying to develop a building in to a mall. The name of the mall will be mega mall. We will discuss many process groups and elements in the project so that it could be clearly state that what we are going to do.
The stakeholders are the persons who effect or due to which project can be affected. The stakeholders for the project specifically include project managers with all team members (Institute, 2008). The stakeholders will be
- Small and medium business enterprisers
- National and multinational companies
- Educational institutions
- Different persons working in the shopping malls
We need to take care of all the stakeholders so that there would be no problems once the project is started. On the win-win strategy, they need to be checked and should give positive response to them.
Development of Project management plan
The shopping Mall is designed to provide enough space for all kind of businesses to establish their shops and facilities. The shopping Mall not only facilitates business and economic activities, it also provides space and facilitations for educational institutions to make setup for educational purposes. Moreover, space is also allocated for stalls and the other shops. We will start from the very beginning and the all kind of matters will be taken care of so that there would be nothing left behind in term of project. All the activities will be done like flooring, doors, paint, the electrical work, woodwork, stalls will be set up. Further heating and cooling systems will be set up there, emergency doors, elevators, different shops, Cinema; restaurants will be taken care of so that people got attracted towards the mall.
The requirements we are going to meet in this project are also some of the deliverables, which we are going to achieve. It includes the
- five floors of the mall
- One basement and two parking slots beneath the basement
- 50 shops in one floor, which means that total there will be 200 shops in the whole mall.
- top floor there will be a cinema,
- Three restaurants as well which will be fixed and they need to be there
- Lot of stalls in every floor of the mall which total comes up to 125
- Elevators will be fixed in the mall that will be 6 in number
In the project scope we will be discussing about the overall scope of the project that what will be include and what will be excluded in the project.
The scope of the project is majorly based on the work break down structure of the construction of the shopping mall. The work break down structure is majorly consisting of activities that include startup, mobilization, engineering, procurement, construction and closing. A detailed WBS will be explained in which all the roles and the responsibilities will be discussed. Further, we have discussed the deliverables and that all will be in the part of the scope. From the allocation of the stores, flooring, materials of all kind, alarms, electronics, painting, finishes etc.
Out of scope
Several activities are out of the scope of the project. The Mega shopping Mall does not contain helipad and runway for the planes. These are usually built on the top of the Mall. The space is allocated however; the helipad and the runways will be developed later on. Besides that, every facility will be provided in the shopping Mall. Hence, this is the basic information in this regard. Further if we talk about the main mall project then the main part is the construction, which is included in it. However, here it is also not included as the building is already there we just need to make it in shape of mall.
In the stage we will focus on the initial stages of the projects, which will, includes the requirements, goals, budgets, and costs deliverables and so on. Here all of them will be discussed that these need to be done.
Business needs requirements
There is a different requirement, which needs to be fulfilled in order to achieve the project goal. There are different parts in the project that needs to be taken care of. All the deliverables will be taken care of. They need to be done within 6 months of time. Within that all the floors, cinema, restaurants, shops will be finished so that the mall could be started and we could earn profits.
Stakeholders could include shopkeepers, managers, owners of other malls, institutions, community, the partners of the project. Different persons working in the shopping malls can be the stakeholders too. The government is also our stakeholder as we are under the government and if they change any policy regarding any thing we will be affected by them. We need to take care of all the stakeholders so that there would be no problems once the project is started. On the win-win strategy, they need to be checked and should give positive response to them.
Project Charter (Cost, task, deliverables and schedule)
If we look in to the broader term then there are many deliverables, which we are expected to completed within the period of 6 months. There is couple of deliverables, which needs to be done such as flooring, materials of all kind, alarms, electronics, painting, finishes, restaurant, Flooring will be there, electrical and cooling system will be there. Emergency doors, bells and alarms will be fixed on every floor, Lightening and other appliances. Everything will be completed in the next six months from the date initiated.
Everything has been decided, in the initiating stage and an overview has been given that what type of project it will be. Here we will move toward the planning phase in which everything detailed will be explained in the project.
The scope statement for this project will be to achieve the deliverables in the next 6 months most effectively and efficiently so that the project could be completed and business could be started. All the deliverables need to be in the finished product when the time is over.
There will be a whole team, which we will be required in order to look on every step of the project. There will be total of five managers, which will look in to the projects. One will be responsible to look after the shops when they are in process like paint and the woodwork. 2nd will be looking on the top floor who will be responsible for the restaurants and cinema and will overcome all problems. Third will be looking for the all electric work of the mall which include wiring and other electronics, 4th will be looking for the flooring, elevators , that needs to be done. 5th manager will be responsible for the remaining items like the emergency doors, fire and smoke alarms, camera and other useful products which needs to be installed. There will be a project manager look on everything, so that every department is connected to one another.
Identifying the deliverables and costs
There are couple of deliverable which need to be focused the list is been given below
- Flooring of all five floors needs to be done and with estimation, it will cost around $20,000.
- 220, Doors will be required and the woodwork will be required in the shops, in the mall and in the other sitting place an estimation cost is almost $18,000.
- Paint will; be required in all five floors and with estimation, it will cost around $15,000.
- The electrical work, electronics and the cooling systems will be set up there in the every floor and there will be a huge expense for that which will be around $85,000.
- Different Stalls will be set up and that will be made of aluminum and glass which, will cost around $10,000.
- Woodwork needs to be done and it will cost around $24,000 as it will be used in the shops and all around the mall
- There will be 5 emergency doors one on the each floor, 6 elevators at the different corners of the mall which will cost around $45,000.
- Different shops will be given to the persons who want to make Cinema and restaurants so that they will be taking care of that all and we will only receive a monthly rental for that.
Work breakdown structure
Activities (sequence, resources, duration)
- We have a grey structure ready and we need to make it a mall.
- Start the work with the electrician so that all the building must have light in it.
- The next thing in the building will be the flooring so that the base could be created.
- carpenter and the stall person will be activated
- Further elevators will be set up.
- There will be paint in the whole building so that all the rough work
- security appliances will be set up on each
- Selling of shops will be in progress.
The main thing to focus over here is that first all these steps will be completed on the first floor then on second and the third. However, the labor got free from his work he will start on the second floor and so do the painter and the carpenter. It means that each floor will take its own time not every floor will be completed once; it will go gradually starting from the ground until the fifth one.
Networking the activities
The networking of all the activities is very important as we have mentioned that when the work will be in process at that time the networking part will be really important as ne part is been completed then the second is started and the third is followed by it. This is a chain and that needs to be looked into each other. The project manager will be doing the coordination in between all the managers so that everything could be coordinated and there would be no lags in the operations of the project.
If we talk about the resources then they are which are needed to fulfill the deliverables of the project. The resources, which we need, are the electrical equipments and products, paint and accessories, wood and its parts, elevator machinery and itself. Tiles for the floor, cement, and stuff. Electric alarms, heating, cool systems. However, these products we need and to make these resources in to finished products we need the skilled labor and the managers so that everything could work well. For that, different labors are needed and different 5 managers are required so that every phase could be went smoothly.
Time and cost of activities
The detailed number and the costs have been mentioned in the planning stage so now here let me provide with the time and the cost that when these all activities will be started and when they will be finished.
- Flooring of all five floors needs to be done and with estimation, it will cost around $20,000 and it will take around one month to cover all mall.
- 220 Doors will be required and the woodwork will be required in the shops, in the mall and in the other sitting place an estimation cost is almost $18,000. It will take around 18 days to be completed.
- Woodwork needs to be done and it will cost around $24,000 as it will be used in the shops and all around the mall. It will start from very first day and will take around 5 months to complete.
- Paint will be required in all five floors and with estimation, it will cost around $15,000 and it will take around 2 months from the starting point.
- The electrical work, electronics and the cooling systems will be set up there in the every floor and there will be a huge expense for that which will be around $85,000. It is the main work and it will covers up to 1 month for the wiring and further it will take 1 more month for the electric appliances and so.
- Different Stalls will be set up and that will be made of aluminum and glass, which will cost around $10,000. It will take about 45 days to complete all.
- There will be 5 emergency doors one on the each floor, 6 elevators at the different corners of the mall which will cost around $45,000. In addition, it will take 15 days to install the elevators.
Here we need to keep in mind those different managers and different labors will work together in order to compile the work quickly. As one department will end up the work, other will take that place and will continue to make the place better.
Developing the schedule
The process and the time have been discussed earlier also the sequence have been explained so that everything could go easier and there would be no problem in the development of the mall. If we talk about the budget then if we total up all the costs we come to know that on an estimate we require $0.5 million to complete the project. Which include all the labor cost, material cost, the licensing, safety measures and everything.
The project quality is based on the implications of total quality management, therefore achieving continuous improvement in execution of employee performance towards the development of shopping mall. The quality controlling programs will be initiated for the completion of project in effective way.
There will be certain certificated, which we will have when the mall will be completed. Further, when it will be in the process then the regular quality check will be there and it will be done on the weekly basis too.
In human resource management, each employee allows his or her specific job description to perform for the development of shopping mall. The roles and responsibilities in the project management provide the indication to execute every employee with high performance management.
The people will be hired on the extremely merit basis. We will hire the workers who are capable enough and the cost will be minimum, further, it is one of the important part in the project and that’s the reason it will be taken care of. The supervisors will be looking in to the every aspect and there will be strict control on that.
The major risk taken place towards the changing rules and regulations of government for the size of project. The funding requirements for initiation of project and uncertainty in developing shopping mall with other shopping mall projects give tough time to the development of shopping mall.
There are couples of risks which creating the mall but the good thing is that we have already covered all type of risks. Example the fire and safety equipments have been set up. Fire and smoke sensors are there all the time activated. Further six emergency door s 1 on the every floor is to minimize the risk.
The project life cycle has been taken place for the four stages initiation, planning, execution as well as closure to indicate the major steps in the project planning. Each step in the projects is clearly demonstrated to intake major considerations in well manner.
In the initiation stage, the project charter will be passed and all the documentation will be done. In the planning phase, everything will be decided that how and where the things will work. In the execution phase the implementation will be done and ion the closing phase everything will be closed so that every activity is completely finished.
There are certain risks associated with the project of developing shopping mall. Lack of corporate funding as well as uncertainty indentify for the potential customers in the shopping mall. Changes of laws and compliance standards change the associate with the project of developing shopping mall.
Until this stage all the planning have been done. Every detail has been discussed and with respect to time, cost and quality have been cleared. Now in the execution stage the project needs to be executed and started so that everything could work smoothly.
Process to complete work
Business needs and requirements, costs and benefits analysis as well as costs, tasks, deliverables, and schedule are included in the startup. Similarly, the mobilization and engineering stage include the deployment of the construction and engineering resources that are required to construct the Mega shopping Mall. The maintenance stage involves the actual renovation of the mall and subsequent closing with evaluation procedures.
Coordinating people and resources
The coordination of the people, resources and the activities are very important if we want to achieve the project deliverables. The coordination of the people, resources and the activities is very important as we have mentioned that when the work will be in process at that time the Coordinating part will be really important as ne part is been completed then the second is started and the third is followed by it. This is a chain and that needs to be looked into each other. The project manager will be doing the coordination in between all the managers so that everything could be coordinated and there would be no lags in the operations of the project.
All the activities should be linked together so that there would be no lag remained. The activities will be overlooked by the mangers, which have been hired. It will be in the noticed that once the activity is finished there should be no lag in that and on the same time the other labor should start his work. The managers will be responsible for the integration and the coordination of the activities.
There will be couple of deliverables, which needs to be seen at the end of the project, which consists of finished and good renovated shops. Stalls should be properly maintained, floors, elevators and they security systems must be in running state, the restaurants, shops and cinemas are in good condition. The paint, woodwork and the electric appliances should be in working condition. All the electric systems should be working well and would be no other issues that could be seen in the future.
Monitoring and controlling stage
Monitoring and controlling project work execution taken place for the demonstration of scheduling and outcome results. Here we will look on the deliverables that are they up to mark or they need any kind or reconsideration.
There are different activities going on in the single project, each one of that needs to be monitored well so that there would be no lags remained in the project. There will be a strict control on the labor and the managers so that they would do their work on the time.
Monitor project variables (Now, then)
Here we need to check that status of the deliverables. There were few things which were been said that these need to be done. It means that the deliverables which need to be completed in the state which have been good. Now in the monitoring part it needs to be checked that all the deliverables are up to the mark as it was expected or there are some problems in the work. From 0 – 100 all the deliverables must be fully accurate and if it is so then they are passed otherwise they need to be checked again.
Problem identification and getting back
A strong check and balance system will be there to measure and ensure that all deliverables are up to the mark. The one, which are passed and are of good quality they, will be passed and the project on the specific context will end. However if there will be some deliverables which had been checked and they are not up to the mark then they will be moved again to the execution process and it will be done again. Then again, it needs to pass through monitoring phase until the deliverables are up to the mark and they are passed.
After the controlling actions, the project phase would be closes adequately. In this stage all, the deliverables are accepted and they have passed through all the processes such as planning executing and monitoring.
Activities in process groups
In this stage all, the deliverables are in its closing phase the planning, execution and the monitoring have been done. All the deliverables have been passed and which means that the quality is good and it should be passed. Here it is seen that scope which we have been set in the beginning that have been achieved. Further, the time, which we have set of six months, the project have been completed within that in 5 months and 6 days. However if we look at the cost the estimation which was expected we have also meet the deadlines and we have save $22,000 from our estimated costs.
|Project stages||Month 1||Month 2||Month 3||Month 4||Month 5||Month 6|
|Project Charter||It will be approved|
|Project Scope||Scope will be started in here|
|Initiating stage||The electrical work will start|
|Planning stage||The planning of the mall will be decided|
|Work breakdown structure||All the activities will be defined|
|Time and cost of activities||Estimate have been taken of all activities|
|Risk planning||It will be covered by the equipment|
|Executing stage||All the activities like flooring, elevators, woodwork and paint wil;l be done|
|Monitoring and controlling stage||Regular check and balance will be there|
|Closing stage||The final body will check every bit that it is up to the mark|
|Activities in process groups||All the activities will be finished at this point|
In the stated Gantt chart that provides timeline of the project that are needed to for the execution of project. In the first moth we need to build charter of project. In the second month project scope and initial stage requirements has taken to start the project of developing shopping mall the electrical work will start. In the third month, planning stage with the execution of work break down structure and time & cost activities requirements are given to initiates the project management The planning of the mall will be decided, All the activities will be defined, Estimate have been taken of all activities. In the fourth month, the execution stage and next month with the monitoring and controlling of stage will be seen. All the activities like flooring, elevators, woodwork and paint will be done where as in last month project would be closed The final body will check every bit that it is up to the mark and activities in group process initialized in essential and adequate manner.
Institute, P. M. (2008). A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: PMBOK Guide. Project Management.
|Category||Business & Management|
|Paper Type||Case Study Writing|
Our Online Writers
Check Our Live Stats
Frequently Asked Questions
Private and Confidential
Client’s all information is private and confidential; it is not shared with any other party. Even, we don’t ask client name and give user name to his/her profile. So, no one will know that you have taken help for your Academic paper from us.
We only accept PayPal as our payment method. It is 100% secure. As, We don’t take and store any Credit/Debit card information.
It is guaranteed all your Homework/Assignments Solutions are plagiarism free and original. Writers here charge for their efforts not for Copy/Paste work and TOS management takes strict action against those writers.
All the writers working here are recruited and chosen after taking strict evaluation of their Academic degrees, Experience and background. Then, they are allowed to work here as providing quality homework solution is our first priority.
24/7 online Writers
Our website is worldwide forum, where 100s of experts all over the world remain online round a clock, so, you can come at anytime and get the help from any of your homework. Even Urgent within 1 hour!
Prices at TutorsOnSpot.com
Prices at tutorsonspot.com are very competitive and low. As, tutorsonspot.com is marketplace so, all the writers bid for getting the work and competition among the writers lowers the price and you get your work done at low minimal prices.
- Our service provides you with original content that does not have plagiarism in it. We are renowned for providing our customers with customized content that is written specifically for them. If you are thinking, can someone help me with my research paper? You can depend on us to help you out.
- Our motto is to meet deadlines and deliver your solution right on time.We understand that you want to save your time and we respect it. Regardless of the difficulty, we deliver an unparalleled solution without any delay. Moreover, you get a money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with our service. To understand this guarantee, check our terms and conditions related to it.
- We perform a detailed research when writing your paper. With all of our services, we ensure to perform extensive research before creating your solution. Furthermore, if you have any questions, just reach out to our customer service team that is available all the day.
- It is our primary goal to satisfy you. Thus, if you are thinking: can someone write my research paper? Just contact us and get the best services that you can get.
Homework Questions in Business & Management
- How to Sell Anything to Anyone Udemy Free Download
- Business Analysis Fundamentals Udemy Free Download
- Build Internet of Things with ESP8266 & MicroPython
- The Complete Guide to League of Legends
- 2020 Complete Guide to YouTube Channel & YouTube Masterclass
- The Complete Final Cut Pro X Video Editing Crash Course
- C# Basics for Beginners – Learn C# Fundamentals by Coding
- MERN Stack React Node Ecommerce from Scratch to Deployment
- Learn Illustrator CC: Create Simple Flat Vector Characters
- Learn Python With 20+ Real World Projects [In 2020]
- A Complete Guide on TensorFlow 2.0 using Keras API
- Instagram marketing 2020 hashtags live stories ads & more
- Fullstack GoLang React Insanity Volume 1
- Blockchain Web Development on Ethereum 
- Microsoft Excel: Data Analysis using Excel Pivot Tables
- The Last Amazon FBA Course – [ 2020 ] Private Label Guide
- Excel vba programming – the complete guide
- Blender character creator v2.0 for video games design
- The Complete React Native + Hooks Course [2020 Edition]
- [Udacity] Become a Sensor Fusion Engineer
- [PacktPub] Hands-On Machine Learning for .NET Developers
- [Frontend Masters] Angular 9 Fundamentals
- Technical Analysis MasterClass:Trading By Technical Analysis
- Transformational Leadership – Leadership Course & Training
Best Service for the Struggling Students
Services For All Subjects
We have experienced tutors and assignment experts from all over the world for all subjects.
24/7 Live Writers
100's of qualified phd tutors round the clock.
Best Price Guarantee
Compare our price. Our services are of highest quality and lowest price, Guaranteed.
Plagiarism Free Work
Safe Payment Options
Pay using paypal though verified gateway for maximum safety, No risk.
100% Privacy Guaranteed
Scan our work with all plagiarism checking tools, Result will always be 0%.