VerbsComplete the chart
- Infinitivethat Ithat youthat wethat they(1) [removed]arrange(4) [removed]we fix(7) [removed]sleep(2) [removed]sleep(6) [removed](8) [removed]do(3) [removed](5) [removed]let’s domake
To completeFill in the blanks with the correct present subjunctive form of the appropriate verbs.
- It is necessary that he [removed] (play, read) the compositions.
- It is urgent that you [removed] (cook, get) dinner now.
- It’s better than you [removed] (take, go) to Madrid in the morning.
- It’s good that I [removed] (lunch, translate) with you in the park.
- It’s bad that we did not [remove] (rest, be) more workers.
PrayersWrite sentences using the present subjunctive with the information provided.
it is necessary that / (us) / do / the task
It is necessary that we do the homework.
- it is important that / the president / offer / solutions
- it’s bad that / the students / not / know / the capitals
- it is important that / haber / paz ( peace )
- it’s good that / you and me / understand each other
- it is urgent that / you / be / here / ten
- it’s better than / you / live / in the suburbs
The studentErnesto and his friends are getting bad grades in Spanish class. Write responses to Ernesto’s statements using the expressions in parentheses. Follow the model
Sometimes I do not write the compositions. (It is important that)
It is important that you write the compositions.
- I like to go to bed late during the week. (it is necessary that)
- When there is an exam, Angela and Juan leave the night before ( the night before ). (it’s bad that)
- The teacher does not like it, but Martin often speaks in English during class. (it’s better than)
- Sometimes I forget to bring my book to class. (it is important that)
- When we do not understand something, my friends and I do not like to ask for help. (it is urgent that)