fin 370 final exam
1. Which one of the following statements is correct concerning the cash cycle?
Accepting a supplier’s discount for early payment decreases the cash cycle.
Increasing the accounts payable period increases the cash cycle.
The longer the cash cycle, the more likely a firm will need external financing.
The cash cycle can exceed the operating cycle if the payables period is equal to zero.
Offering early payment discounts to customers will tend to increase the cash cycle.
2. Precise Machinery is analyzing a proposed project. The company expects to sell 2100 units give or take 5 percent. The expected variable cost per unit is $260 and the expected fixed costs are $589,000. Cost estimates are considered accurate within a plus or minus 4 percent range. The depreciation expense is $129,000. The sales price is estimated at $750 per unit, give or take 2 percent. The tax rate is 35 percent. The company is conducting a sensitivity analysis on the sales price using a sales price estimate of $755. What is the operating cash flow based on this analysis?
3. You are doing some comparison shopping. Five stores offer the product you want at basically the same price but with differing credit terms. Which one of these terms is best-suited to you if you plan to forgo the discount?
2/10, net 30
2/5, net 30
2/5, net 20
1/10, net 45
1/5, net 15
4. The plowback ratio is:
The dollar increase in net income divided by the dollar increase in sales.
Equal to net income divided by the change in total equity.
Equal to one minus the retention ratio.
The change in retained earnings divided by the dividends paid.
The percentage of net income available to the firm to fund future growth.
5. Which one of the following is the financial statement that summarizes a firm’s revenue and expenses over a period of time?
Statement of cash flows
Market value report
Tax reconciliation statement
6. Kelly’s Corner Bakery purchased a lot in Oil City six years ago at a cost of $278000. Today, that lot has a market value of $264,000. At the time of the purchase, the company spent $6,000 to level the lot and another $8,000 to install storm drains. The company now wants to build a new facility on that site. The building cost is estimated at $1.03 million. What amount should be used as the initial cash flow for this project?
7. Al invested $7200 in an account that pays 4 percent simple interest. How much money will he have at the end of five years?
8. All of the following represent potential gains from an acquisition except the:
Use of surplus funds.
Tax loss carryovers acquired in the acquisition.
Obtainment of a beachhead.
Diseconomies of scale related to increased labor demand.
Lower costs per unit realized.
9. Fresno Salads has current sales of $6000 and a profit margin of 6.5 percent. The firm estimates that sales will increase by 4 percent next year and that all costs will vary in direct relationship to sales. What is the pro forma net income?
10. A news flash just appeared that caused about a dozen stocks to suddenly drop in value by 20 percent. What type of risk does this news flash best represent?
11. Which one of the following terms is defined as the mixture of a firm’s debt and equity financing?
Working Capital Management
12. George and Pat just made an agreement to exchange currencies based on today’s exchange rate. Settlement will occur tomorrow. Which one of the following is the exchange rate that applies to this agreement?
Forward exchange rate
Spot exchange rate
13. Webster United is paying a dividend of $1.32 per share today. There are 350,000 shares outstanding with a market price of $22.40 per share prior to the dividend payment. Ignore taxes. Before the dividend, the company had earnings per share of $1.68. As a result of this dividend, the:
Retained earnings will decrease by $350,000.
Earnings per share will increase to $3.
Total firm value will not change.
Price-earnings ratio will be 12.55.
Retained earnings will increase by $462,000.
14. The common stock of Dayton Repair sells for $43.19 a share. The stock is expected to pay $2.28 per share next year when the annual dividend is distributed. The firm has established a pattern of increasing its dividends by 2.15 percent annually and expects to continue doing so. What is the market rate of return on this stock?
15. Which one of the following should earn the most risk premium based on CAPM?
Diversified portfolio with returns similar to the overall market.
Stock with a beta of 1.38.
Portfolio with a beta of 1.01.
U.S. Treasury bill.
Stock with a beta of 0.74.
16. Which one of these actions will increase the operating cycle? Assume all else held constant.
Decreasing the receivables turnover rate.
Decreasing the payables period.
Decreasing the average inventory level.
Increasing the payables period.
Increasing the inventory turnover rate.
17. Oil Wells offers 6.5 percent coupon bonds with semiannual payments and a yield to maturity of 6.94 percent. The bonds mature in seven years. What is the market price per bond if the face value is $1,000?
18. Three Corners Markets paid an annual dividend of $1.37 a share last month. Today, the company announced that future dividends will be increasing by 2.8 percent annually. If you require a return of 11.6 percent, how much are you willing to pay to purchase one share of this stock today?
19. Which one of the following is a source of cash?
Granting credit to a customer
Purchase of inventory
Acquisition of debt
Payment to a supplier
Repurchase of common stock
20. Nadine’s Home Fashions has $2.12 million in net working capital. The firm has fixed assets with a book value of $31.64 million and a market value of $33.9 million. The firm has no long-term debt. The Home Centre is buying Nadine’s for $37.5 million in cash. The acquisition will be recorded using the purchase accounting method. What is the amount of goodwill that The Home Centre will record on its balance sheet as a result of this acquisition?
21. Chelsea Fashions is expected to pay an annual dividend of $1.10 a share next year. The market price of the stock is $21.80 and the growth rate is 4.5 percent. What is the firm’s cost of equity?
22. Operating leverage is the degree of dependence a firm places on its:
Depreciation tax shield.
Operating cash flows.
23. Phillips Equipment has 75,000 bonds outstanding that are selling at par. Bonds with similar characteristics are yielding 7.5 percent. The company also has 750,000 shares of 6 percent preferred stock and 2.5 million shares of common stock outstanding. The preferred stock sells for $64 a share. The common stock has a beta of 1.21 and sells for $44 a share. The U.S. Treasury bill is yielding 2.3 percent and the return on the market is 11.2 percent. The corporate tax rate is 34 percent. What is the firm’s weighted average cost of capital?
24. Andy deposited $3,000 this morning into an account that pays 5 percent interest, compounded annually. Barb also deposited $3,000 this morning into an account that pays 5 percent interest, compounded annually. Andy will withdraw his interest earnings and spend it as soon as possible. Barb will reinvest her interest earnings into her account. Given this, which one of the following statements is true?
Barb will earn more interest the second year than Andy.
Barb will earn more interest the first year than Andy will.
Andy will earn compound interest.
Andy will earn more interest in year three than Barb will.
After five years, Andy and Barb will both have earned the same amount of interest.
25. When utilizing the percentage of sales approach, managers:
I. Estimate company sales based on a desired level of net income and the current profit margin.
II. Consider only those assets that vary directly with sales.
III. Consider the current production capacity level.
IV. Can project both net income and net cash flows.
III and IV only
I, III, and IV only
II and III only
II, III, and IV only
I and II only
26. You are comparing two investment options that each pay 6 percent interest, compounded annually. Both options will provide you with $12,000 of income. Option A pays $2,000 the first year followed by two annual payments of $5,000 each. Option B pays three annual payments of $4,000 each. Which one of the following statements is correct given these two investment options? Assume a positive discount rate.
Option B is a perpetuity.
Option B has a higher present value at time zero.
Both options are of equal value since they both provide $12,000 of income.
Option A has the higher future value at the end of year three.
Option A is an annuity.
27. The condition stating that the interest rate differential between two countries is equal to the percentage difference between the forward exchange rate and the spot exchange rate is called:
Uncovered interest rate parity.
The unbiased forward rates condition.
Purchasing power parity.
Interest rate parity.
The international Fisher effect.
28. The Dry Dock is considering a project with an initial cost of $118,400. The project’s cash inflows for years 1 through 3 are $37,200, $54,600, and $46,900, respectively. What is the IRR of this project?
29. The 7 percent bonds issued by Modern Kitchens pay interest semiannually, mature in eight years, and have a $1,000 face value. Currently, the bonds sell for $1,032. What is the yield to maturity?
30. Isaac has analyzed two mutually exclusive projects that have 3-year lives. Project A has an NPV of $81,406, a payback period of 2.48 years, and an AAR of 9.31 percent. Project B has an NPV of $82,909, a payback period of 2.57 years, and an AAR of 9.22 percent. The required return for Project A is 11.5 percent while it is 12 percent for Project B. Both projects have a required AAR of 9.25 percent. Isaac must make a recommendation and justify it in 15 words or less. What should his recommendation be?
Accept both projects because both NPVs are positive.
Accept Project A because it has the shortest payback period.
Accept Project B and reject Project A based on the NPVs.
Accept Project A and reject Project B based on their AARs.
Accept Project A because it has the lower required return.
|Category||Business & Management|
|Paper Type||Case Study Writing|
Our Online Writers
Check Our Live Stats
Frequently Asked Questions
Private and Confidential
Client’s all information is private and confidential; it is not shared with any other party. Even, we don’t ask client name and give user name to his/her profile. So, no one will know that you have taken help for your Academic paper from us.
We only accept PayPal as our payment method. It is 100% secure. As, We don’t take and store any Credit/Debit card information.
It is guaranteed all your Homework/Assignments Solutions are plagiarism free and original. Writers here charge for their efforts not for Copy/Paste work and TOS management takes strict action against those writers.
All the writers working here are recruited and chosen after taking strict evaluation of their Academic degrees, Experience and background. Then, they are allowed to work here as providing quality homework solution is our first priority.
24/7 online Writers
Our website is worldwide forum, where 100s of experts all over the world remain online round a clock, so, you can come at anytime and get the help from any of your homework. Even Urgent within 1 hour!
Prices at TutorsOnSpot.com
Prices at tutorsonspot.com are very competitive and low. As, tutorsonspot.com is marketplace so, all the writers bid for getting the work and competition among the writers lowers the price and you get your work done at low minimal prices.
- Our service provides you with original content that does not have plagiarism in it. We are renowned for providing our customers with customized content that is written specifically for them. If you are thinking, can someone help me with my research paper? You can depend on us to help you out.
- Our motto is to meet deadlines and deliver your solution right on time.We understand that you want to save your time and we respect it. Regardless of the difficulty, we deliver an unparalleled solution without any delay. Moreover, you get a money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with our service. To understand this guarantee, check our terms and conditions related to it.
- We perform a detailed research when writing your paper. With all of our services, we ensure to perform extensive research before creating your solution. Furthermore, if you have any questions, just reach out to our customer service team that is available all the day.
- It is our primary goal to satisfy you. Thus, if you are thinking: can someone write my research paper? Just contact us and get the best services that you can get.
Homework Questions in Business & Management
- How to Sell Anything to Anyone Udemy Free Download
- Business Analysis Fundamentals Udemy Free Download
- Build Internet of Things with ESP8266 & MicroPython
- The Complete Guide to League of Legends
- 2020 Complete Guide to YouTube Channel & YouTube Masterclass
- The Complete Final Cut Pro X Video Editing Crash Course
- C# Basics for Beginners – Learn C# Fundamentals by Coding
- MERN Stack React Node Ecommerce from Scratch to Deployment
- Learn Illustrator CC: Create Simple Flat Vector Characters
- Learn Python With 20+ Real World Projects [In 2020]
- A Complete Guide on TensorFlow 2.0 using Keras API
- Instagram marketing 2020 hashtags live stories ads & more
- Fullstack GoLang React Insanity Volume 1
- Blockchain Web Development on Ethereum 
- Microsoft Excel: Data Analysis using Excel Pivot Tables
- The Last Amazon FBA Course – [ 2020 ] Private Label Guide
- Excel vba programming – the complete guide
- Blender character creator v2.0 for video games design
- The Complete React Native + Hooks Course [2020 Edition]
- [Udacity] Become a Sensor Fusion Engineer
- [PacktPub] Hands-On Machine Learning for .NET Developers
- [Frontend Masters] Angular 9 Fundamentals
- Technical Analysis MasterClass:Trading By Technical Analysis
- Transformational Leadership – Leadership Course & Training
Best Service for the Struggling Students
Services For All Subjects
We have experienced tutors and assignment experts from all over the world for all subjects.
24/7 Live Writers
100's of qualified phd tutors round the clock.
Best Price Guarantee
Compare our price. Our services are of highest quality and lowest price, Guaranteed.
Plagiarism Free Work
Safe Payment Options
Pay using paypal though verified gateway for maximum safety, No risk.
100% Privacy Guaranteed
Scan our work with all plagiarism checking tools, Result will always be 0%.