1. Why did the Founders include the Establishment and Free Exercise Clauses about religion in the First Amendment?
“C. They believed that in order to have a democracy, all Americans should embrace the same religious values.”
The United States was all about freedom and that includes freedom of cult.
2. How has the Supreme Court reshaped its interpretation of the Second Amendment?
C. It upheld prohibitions against the possession of firearms by felons.
This is how it works since Gun Control Act of 1968
3. A state constitution states that it has been written to establish justice, maintain order, and perpetuate liberty. This closely aligns with which section of the U.S. Constitution?
B. the Preamble
It is the text of the Preamble that “We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense,”
4. Which of the following are reasons that the government may limit individual rights for the public good? Select all that apply. (Three answers)
B. to promote health
C. to promote morals
E. to promote safety
The other two, “A. to promote discrimination & D. to promote a religion
“, are incompatible with the ideals of the United States. It’s a land of freedom where all men are equal.
5. How did the U.S. government show that it agreed with Dr. King?
D. Beginning in 1957, Congress passed a series of civil rights laws that ensured the rights of African Americans and other minority groups.
Undocumented Aliens are still seen as a problem, separation is not the way things work in the country and the mentioned supreme court decision never existed.