What is the most important reason for citing a source when quoting it directly? A.to give credit to the source B.to make your work seem complete C.to add more information to your work D.to pick ideas from different sources
Which statement best describes how work and power are different? A)To find work we need to know force and distance; to find power we need to know force and velocity. B) To find work we need to know energy and time; to find power we need to know energy and distance. C)To find work we need to know velocity and distance; to find power we need to know distance and time. D)To find work we need to know distance and force; to find power we need to know energy and velocity.
The correct answer is – alms.
The alms is the pillar that is referring to giving to the poor and needy. It is practiced by lots of Muslims, and it is considered as an act of solidarity towards the followers of the faith that are in dire need of it. This includes giving money, food, and clothing, though occasionally it may even include shelter. It can be performed in person when some people go to the people that they want to give something as aid, to invite some person in need or that is poor at their homes, or it goes as donations in the mosques which afterwards take the responsibility to deliver them to the poor and in need.
Correct answer is D. Comma or Period Inside Rule
A. Question mark or exclamation point inside: those are not really necessary.
B. Colon or semicolon: not, a semicolon would divide the whole sentence and it would be shorten; a colon would work but after requested, when there is already a comma.
C. Question mark or Exclamation Point Outside Rule: would not work, becase it is an very polite and affirmative sentence.
D: A comma or period inside rule: actually, just a comma would work. Please, Cooper’s dad requested, go… Cooper’s dad requested must be in between commas as it is a vocative.
Hope this helps
Joanna is in her early forties. Although she is fully occupied at office, she feels that something is lacking in her life whenever she sees her friends with their kids. Lately Joanna has been discussing having kids with her partner. Why do you think Joanna is doing so? A.to meet the expectations of elders B.to avoid missing out on parenting experience C.to keep herself busy D.to continue the family name
It limited the power of the king. – correct. It limited the power of the king making him respect economic rights, respect the rule of law, the fairness of the law and due process.
It gave the king’s government more control. – Incorrect. Magna Carta was made because nobles were tired of a tyranic king.
It stated that individuals were equal. – Incorrect. Magna Carta didnt make all individuals equal, you can see it clearly when barons had the privilege to serve as consultants and other people didnt.
It established due process. – Correct. if someone was accused by a crime for example, they would be given a proper trial and be judged by their peers.
It led to the creation of a legislative branch. – correct. The nobles forced the king to sign the Magna Carta, and with it came a clause that made barons serve as consultants to the king.
It reduced the rights of citizens. – Incorrect. It gave more rights to citizens.
The component of John Dalton’s atomic theory is
Postulates of John Dalton’s atomic theory:
1. The matter contains indivisible particles. These particles are known as atoms.
2. Atoms can neither be created nor be destroyed.
3. Atoms of the same element show similarity in their shape and mass, but they are different from the elements of the other elements.
4. Atom is the smallest unit that participates in the chemical reaction.
5. Atoms of different elements can form compounds by combining with each other in a fixed, simple and whole number ratios.
6. Atoms of the same element can form two or more compounds by combining in more than one ratio.
Advantages of John Dalton’s theory:
1. This theory explains the laws of chemical combination.
2. It provides a clear distinction between atoms and molecules. Atom is the fundamental particle of an element whereas the molecule is that of a compound.
Limitations of John Dalton’s theory:
1. It failed to explain the further division of atoms into subatomic particles.
2. It did not mention any concept of isotopes (atoms of the same element with same atomic number and different mass numbers) and isobars (atoms of different elements with same mass number but different atomic numbers).
3. This theory failed to explain the reason for the existence of allotropes.
4. This theory is not applicable to complex organic molecules.
1. Express the quantity in centimeters: brainly.com/question/2867118
2. Bohr’s model of the atom: brainly.com/question/2965079
Grade: High School
Chapter: Structure of the atom
Keywords: component, atom, John Dalton’s atomic theory, small particle, broken down, matter, allotropes, isotopes, isobars, subatomic particle, distinction, shape, mass, laws of chemical combination.
Answer: The correct answer is Option D.
Lewis dot structures are the structures which represent the valance electrons of an element forming a compound. The electrons are represented as the dots.
In a compound, the bonded electrons are represented as a bond and lone pair of electrons are represented as dots.
Electronic configuration of Nitrogen:
Valence electrons in nitrogen = 5
Electronic configuration of hydrogen:
Valence electrons in hydrogen = 1
In the given compound, bond pairs are 2 which means number of electrons bonded are 4.
Unbonded electrons left on nitrogen will be 3 and this compound has an extra electron because of the negative charge present on the compound. Hence, total unbonded electrons present on this compound will be 4.
Therefore, the lewis dot structure will be Option D.