The correct match would be:
- Cerebrum – responsible for speech, emotion, and memory
- Cerebellum – responsible for muscle coordination and balance
- Brain stem – responsible for involuntary muscles like the heart
The brain can be divided into three main parts:
1. Cerebrum: It is the largest part of the brain. It can be divided into two halves termed as right and left hemisphere. It can also be divided into broad regions termed as lobes (frontal, parietal, temporal, and occipital lobe).
The main functions of the cerebrum include control of voluntary muscles, interpret information received from sensory receptors (touch, vision, hearing, vision), reasoning, learning, emotions, and speech.
2. Cerebellum: It is located below the occipital lobe in the back of the brain. The main function of the cerebellum is the coordination and precision of voluntary actions and the maintenance of posture and balance of the body.
3. Brain stem: It connects the brain with the spinal cord. It consists of the midbrain, pons, and medulla oblongata. It helps in controlling and coordinating involuntary movements like the heart, lungs, swallowing, breathing, sneezing et cetera.