Why did Thurgood Marshall cite the Fourteenth Amendment to argue that segregation in public schools was unconstitutional? The Fourteenth Amendment guarantees equal protection under the law. The Fourteenth Amendment guarantees every child an education. The Fourteenth Amendment gave African Americans the right to vote. The Fourteenth Amendment formed the basis for Plessy v. Ferguson.
Hope this helps!
1) show of power: As one makes new technology, they would either want to test it out or show the other nations that what they produce is ground-breaking and the best. Usually if it is military technology, you would want to test it out, and with the use of “show of force”, can have people groups submit to your country.
2) Better technology: As technology advances, it usually makes something easier. In the case of imperialism, better military advances meant that they could (once again) have other people submit to you
3) Better transportation: This meant that you could take multiple countries at once, and can prove that you’re country is great by having supplies shipped over long distances to keep your troops up. If in need of more troops, you could send more.
hope this helps
Correct answer is D. Comma or Period Inside Rule
A. Question mark or exclamation point inside: those are not really necessary.
B. Colon or semicolon: not, a semicolon would divide the whole sentence and it would be shorten; a colon would work but after requested, when there is already a comma.
C. Question mark or Exclamation Point Outside Rule: would not work, becase it is an very polite and affirmative sentence.
D: A comma or period inside rule: actually, just a comma would work. Please, Cooper’s dad requested, go… Cooper’s dad requested must be in between commas as it is a vocative.
Hope this helps
The correct answers are
It established a new precedent in declaring the law constitutional- This ruling states that the laws that allow segregated for citizens in America was legal, as long as the facilities provided were “equal.”
It limited the rights of African American citizens– This case ruled in favor of seperate but equal facilities, resulting in African Americans receiving second class treatment in American society.
It allowed the policy of seperate but equal to continue– This law would continue from the 1890’s all the way through the middle of the 1950’s.
The correct answer is B) corporate money would make elections less likely to reflect the public’s will.
The statement that describes Justice Steven’s belief about the outcome of the case is that corporate money would make elections less likely to reflect the public’s will.
Justice John Paul Stevens commented in the case Citizens United v. Federal Elections Commission that corporate money would make elections less likely to reflect the public’s will. He said that “the American people needed to prevent corporations from undermining self-government since the founding, and who have fought against the distinctive corruptive potential of corporate electioneering since the days of Theodore Roosevelt.”
The other options of the question were a) corporate money would make elections more likely to reflects the public will, c) corporate money would have no influence on elections, and d) Public opinion has changed since the times of Theodore Roosevelt.
The sentence above is a compound-complex sentence.
A compound-complex sentence is made from two independent clauses and at least one dependent clause. The sentence above contains two independent clauses and two dependent clauses. The difference between an independent clause and a dependent one is that the former can stand on its own as a complete sentence because it represents a complete thought, while the latter can’t (see 1 & 2).
1) To cope with their burgeoning populations
2) Most of whom were unskilled workers looking for jobs in factories
1 and 2 are dependent clauses. As such, they can’t stand alone as complete sentences, they depend on the main clause.