12. What the quote from “The Cask of Amontillado” reveal about Montresor’s intentions is B)He wants to make sure that Fortunato does not suspect his motives
14. The details of the setting that contribute least to the poem’s mysterious and despairing mood are B)The room is decorated with busts of ancient gods.
16. The effect that the author’s use of onomatopoeia has on the reader is B)It adds to the suspense.
17. The fact that boys build a big pile of stones help create suspense because A)The reader wonders why the boys build a big pile of stones.
18. The quote from “The Lottery” that best illustrates the theme that good people can do bad things when conforming to a group’s social expectations is B)“Although the villagers had forgotten the ritual and lost the original black box, they still remembered to use stones.”
19. Many horror and suspense stories such as “The Lottery” use stereotypical C) stock characters instead of complex individuals because readers readily relate to them.
12.- By using warning expression the character shows himself as a not dangerous one.
13. An unreliable narrator has compromised their credibility so the reader doesn’t know what to expect from them, a situation that increases the suspense.
14. The other options are more connected to the psychological effects of color and atmosphere.
16. an Onomatopeia represents a word that produces physically the sound of its pronunciation which can make the reader get deeper in the story.
17. The fact of unknowing what is about to happen is one of the basic action for writers to create suspense.
18. The villagers were eager to keep on going with a tradition that carries a lot of violence within even when they were not violent selves.
19. A stock character is an archetype which is easy to relate to and identify in a story without any complications or turns since they are flat characters.