1. What was Truman’s plan for the American people called? Square Deal Dynamic Liberalism Fair Deal Dynamic Conservatism 2. John F. Kennedy’s religious beliefs were an important issue of the 1960 presidential campaign. True False 3. What group was headed by Elijah Muhammad? Black Power Black Panthers Nation of Islam none of the above 4. Because Kennedy was elected by a slim margin, he lacked a popular mandate. True False 5. What seems to have been the chief purpose(s) of mass media during the 1950s? A. to entertain B. to sell products both a and b neither a nor b
The following option best supports the inference that tan believes nonstandard English is no less valid than standard English :
Tan winces when she describes her mothers English as broken.
Tan winces because she considers her mother’s nonstandard English as her mother tongue. It is perfectly clear and natural to her. It is full of vivid descriptions, clear observations and imagery. Nonstandard English is close to her heart because it is the language that helped her to make sense of the world.
The correct answer is B. Between 1820 and 1850, most Irish immigrants settled in cities on the East Coast.
After 1840, the majority of Irish Catholic immigrants headed for the big cities or the industrial towns of the East Coast, to cities like Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburg, Baltimore, Detroit or Chicago.
It is estimated that 12% of the total population of the United States of America have Irish ancestry, being Irish Americans the second largest ethnic group of European descent after the German Americans.
Here are the following effects of loose money and tight
money policies on the actions being listed.
A. A loose money policy
is usually implemented as an effort to encourage economic growth.
This can lead to inflation when uncontrolled. The effects are:
1. Borrowing becomes easy
2. Consumer buys more
3. Since more people are willing to buy,
4. Employment rate increases due to
expansion of businesses
5. Since more people are employed, thus
production also increases
B. A tight money policy is a course of action to restrict spending
in an economy that is growing too quickly or to hold back inflation when it is
rising too fast. This can lead to recession when uncontrolled. The
1. Borrowing becomes difficult
2. Consumer buys less
3. Since people don’t have a lot of
money, business don’t expand
4. Unemployment rate increases due to businesses
5. Production decreases
Answer: The Code of Hammurabi focuses on punishment for crimes, while Magna Carta does not.
The Code of Hammurabi is a wellpreserved Babylonian law code of ancient Mesopotamia, dating back to about 1754 BC (Middle Chronology). The code consists of 282 laws, with scaled punishments, as graded depending on social status, of slave versus free man. While the Magna Carta is a medieval document that represents the foundation of civil liberties around the globe. As we can see, the difference remains at the punishment side, included only at the Code of Hammurabi
Which most likely explains why the Japanese royal family was not prosecuted for war crimes? The United States feared the Japanese military would revolt. The United States needed the royal family’s input to run the government. The United States lacked evidence the royal family committed crimes. The United States wanted to build an ongoing alliance with Japan.
Scientists believe that the earth’s early atmosphere lacked __________ gas because photosynthetic organisms did not yet exist. a hydrogen b nitrogen c oxygen d sulfur