For this assignment, use the novel or short story you chose to read for this module. Write a paragraph explaining the conflict and the perspectives of the protagonist and antagonist. Review the example in the lesson. Be sure your paragraph mentions the title and author in the first sentence briefly summarizes the plot identifies the main conflict describes the protagonist’s perspective on the conflict provides a line of dialogue that the protagonist says to support your idea (text support) describes the antagonist’s perspective of the conflict provide a line of dialogue that the antagonist says to support your idea (text support) includes a closing line to summarize the character’s views uses correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling
Answer: B.The main character uses the pronouns I and my.
In The Yellow Wallpaper, we know that the text is written from the first-person point of view because the main character uses the pronouns “I” and “my” when telling the story. Telling a story from the first-person point of view has several advantages. It can allow the reader to get to know the thoughts of a character more deeply. It also allows imagery to be more vivid, and the character’s motivations and desires to be better explained.
Which statement about Edgar Allan Poe’s short story “The Pit and the Pendulum” is false? A) The story can be classified as psychological suspense. B) Poe’s key purpose is to create an unsettling atmosphere. C) The thoughts and actions of the main character suggest that he is crazy. D) Poe’s writing style is plain and simple to read, with few descriptions. ***ANSWER: The answer to this question is D- Poe’s writing style is pain and simple to read, with few descriptions.***
This Act was created to punish the Radical Republicans for their Actions during the Civil War
sorry I’m late
white dwarf is late stage in the life cycle of a comparatively low-mass main sequence star; formed when its core depletes its helium and its outer layers escape into space, leaving behind a hot, dense core. so the that would be the most reasonable answer thanks for posting, hope i helped
The main difference between gases and liquids is that in gases A.the molecules are moving faster b.the forces between molecules are greater c.the distance between molecules are greater d.the molecules collide more frequently
What has been the main force behind Taiwan’s economic growth? Agri-business Subsistence farming Manufacturing Nuclear weapons
The three main Northern strategies for winning the Civil War were blockading Southern ports, controlling the Mississippi River, and capturing the Confederate capital. Option C is correct.
The American Civil War was a civil war fought in the United States from 1861 to 1865, between the North and the South.
The main reason why the civil war started was the long-standing controversy over the enslavement of black people.
Corruption is one of the main obstacles to development in Central America. A) True B) False
Radical Republicans during the time of reconstruction believed that __________. a. the main goal of Reconstruction should be a total restructuring of society to guarantee blacks true equality b. the Civil War was fought to help the South gain economic strength over the North c. the government’s job during Reconstruction was to ensure that all citizens of the South had their property and homes returned to pre-war conditions d. pocket vetoes should be deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court
Which of the following is a true statement? The rough draft is the final stage of writing before a paper is given to the teacher for grading. It is a good idea to come up with ideas about a topic after you write your rough draft. Rough drafts do not include facts, examples, and details about the main topic of the paper. Rough drafts consist of an introduction, a body, and a conclusion
The main idea was that every body has a station in life, everyone has a path they are destined to live, and it is sinful to try to make your situation better. it is sinful to try to make you life better, your path better then the one you are destined for. hope my answer cold help and I am very sorry if it couldn’t
How did the invention of the telegraph affect journalism? A. It helped boost sales by raising the price of newspapers, which were soon owned by one main organization. B. It reduced the legitimacy of news stories, which could now be contributed by anyone regardless of credentials. C. It allowed newspaper magnates to communicate through Morse code, preventing others from stealing headline stories. D. It allowed a nationwide organization of reporters and newspapers to share stories and help gather news.
You are trying to determine whether a certain website is a credible source. You notice it has advertisements along the top and sides of the page. The page is titled “You Need This Today!” What is most likely to be the main purpose of the website? A to teach B to inform C to persuade D to entertain
What was the main reason for France’s interest in the New World?
One of the main differences between the psychoanalytic view and the social cognitive view is the social cognitive view allows for testing whereas the psychoanalytic view does not.
Psychoanalytic view requires several very subjective measures that is almost impossible to be studied such as how past experience influence one decision, why someone prefer A over B, etc
Option: A. the tremendous war losses of World War I.
There are many causes for the Russian revolution, the reason for the number of wars by Tsar Nicolas II to expand his empire in the north and west in Europe, led to crises in the Russian Empire. The corruption and inefficiency in the empire affected the lives of the common people in Russia.
During the sensorimotor stage, the child’s main task is to _____.
1. While the car stops, the person continues moving the way that the car were moving and then hits the obstacle in the car or the person can be thrown out of the vehicle. If the person wears belt, he will stop moving with the vehicle and won’t hit the obstacle.
2. We count approximate kinetic energy using the formula K = v^2. So the vehicle which is moving at 30 mph will have four times less kinetic energy than vehicle which is moving at 60 mph. If they have the same road conditions, the breaking distance will be four times as great for the car moving twice as fast.
3. Kinetic energy depends on object’s mass and velocity and it has direct relationship with the stopping distance. The lesser mass of the vehicle = the lesser kinetic energy and lesser stopping distance. => If both vehicles have the same velocity, then small vehicle has lesser kinetic energy than large vehicle.
4. We know that kinetic energy has this relationship with velocity K = v^2. So the best way to prepare to enter sharp curves in the roadway is to lower the speed. The most appropriate speed is 20-30 mph, but it depends on road conditions and car’s breaks condition.
5. Car crashes can happen with everyone so the best way is to be prepared. First the driver should wear a seatbelt while he’s driving. He should check his tires and breaks condition regularly. And also it’s important to slow down the vehicle while entering sharp curves. Without following these rules, the driver can get catastrophic injuries in a car crash.
Signs, Signals, and Pavement Markings:
1. It doesn’t matter where you go. All you need is to learn highway code. It’s very different to know the meanings of every road sign. Also, it’s necessary to check your car’s conditions and you should take some spare parts for your car in case of accidents. So wherever you go, it’s important to be prepared.
2. You should stop before crossing and take few minutes to make sure there is no train approaching. If there is no train approaching, you can pass a railroad crossing. If you see approaching train, you should wait until it will pass a railroad crossing.
3. You should stop before the lights and wait to check the traffic movement and signs. Make sure that everything is safe and pass the intersection. Don’t move fast to avoid accidents.
4. Flashing yellow light means that it’s not necessary to stop but you should to pay attention on the traffic movement. So it would be better to yield before the lights and make sure if it’s safe to move. After that you can cross the intersection.
5. The line change means that the lane changes and you can’t cross solid lines. Pay more attention on road marking because it shows how you should behave on the road or highway.
6. As you approach the next exit and your passengers need to use the restroom and get some food, you should look for green signs which indicate food and rest stops. You should to slow down if you don’t want to skip the sign.
7. When you take the exit ramp off the expressway and merge onto the next road, you see yellow lines dividing the roadway which indicates that there is oncoming traffic and this is a two-way highway.
First, you should tell them how to behave on the boat, for example what kind of behaviour could lead the boat to capsize and that they shouldn’t drink alcohol.
Second, you should inform them what to do in the case of an emergency. For example, you can tell them where the live vests are and how to attract attention while in water (with a whistle attached to the live vest).
The correct answer to this is letter:
D. He quotes the cries of the
spectators and the Viewpoint of Eisenhower, all of which were critical of the
attack on the Bonus Army
The bonus army was a group of veterans, their affiliates and
families who protested for help during the Great Depression. The economic hardship they experienced caused
them to ask for the WW1 bonus checks earlier than the law specified.
Answer: In the “The Way to Wealth by Bejamin Franklin, the author uses many narrative voices to stress the importance of frugality. The essay begins as Poor Richard addresses his audience, “Courteous Reader,” and admits that few “other learned authors” have quoted him, despite his being “an eminent author of almanacs annually now a full quarter of a century” . Poor Richard does take solace in the fact that “ authority” exists. At this point in the essay, Poor Richard makes a confession: “I have sometimes quoted myself with great gravity”.
Upon observing a crowd waiting for “a vendue of merchant goods” to open for business, Poor Richard overhears the people “conversing on the badness of the times”. One person in the crowd calls out to another, “a plain clean old man, with white locks” asks him of his opinion of the times and of the “heavy taxes quite ruin the country”. The man, Father Abraham, is happy to oblige, and he gives a short speech to the crowd, while Poor Richard listens and looks on.
Father Abraham begins his speech by acknowledging that the taxes are “indeed very heavy,” but much worse than the taxes imposed by the government are the taxes of “our idleness , our folly, and from these taxes the commissioners cannot ease or deliver us by allowing an abatement”. He quotes Poor Richard here to offer the crowd advice about what to do about this problem: “God helps them that help themselves”.
As you can see, there are many narrative voices and they are important in the sense that they encourage the idea of working hard and being thrifty with the money we have.
1) show of power: As one makes new technology, they would either want to test it out or show the other nations that what they produce is ground-breaking and the best. Usually if it is military technology, you would want to test it out, and with the use of “show of force”, can have people groups submit to your country.
2) Better technology: As technology advances, it usually makes something easier. In the case of imperialism, better military advances meant that they could (once again) have other people submit to you
3) Better transportation: This meant that you could take multiple countries at once, and can prove that you’re country is great by having supplies shipped over long distances to keep your troops up. If in need of more troops, you could send more.
hope this helps
Henri Rousseau’s Portrait of a Woman
Magical Realism finds precedent in eighteenth-century Gothic novels, but also connects with sixteenth-century Baroque or Surrealism, almost contemporary in the early twentieth century.
Among the most striking features of this movement, we find the blend of realism with pure unreality that is observed as normal, with the integration of magical elements without seeming extraordinary.
These works do not explain the supernatural elements and are narrated as something natural, with characters unaware of their transcendent dimension. In addition, death has paramount value in the relativistic discourse of truth, with a metaphysical focus on space and time and an intimate atmosphere that blends characters with myths, legends, and natural cultures.
Henri Rousseau’s Portrait of a Woman is considered one of the first magical realistic stories.