The correct options are:
- Four families said they ate out twice the previous week.
- One family said they ate out 5 times the previous week.
- The median best represents the data set.
We are given a data set as:
4, 2, 2, 0, 1, 6, 3, 2, 5, 1, 2, 4, 0, 1
On arranging this data set in the frequency table we get:
Number of times they went for dinner Number of families
- Hence, the range of the number line is between 0 to 6.
- Also there are 4 dots above 2.
Hence, Four families said they ate out twice the previous week.
- Also there is one dot above 5.
Hence, One family said they ate out 5 times the previous week.
- The data set is not symmetrical since the median is 2 and the data points to the left and to the right do not have symmetry.
Hence, the data set is not symmetrical.
- Also we know that the median of the data is the central tendency of the data and always best represents the data.
Hence, The median best represents the data set.