1) The witches predictions foreshadow what might happen because they are predictions that are at the beginning of the play and in the middle too, so the tension is building up as to why the witches said them.
2) Macbeth’s reactions to the first 3 predictions were no other than shocked and confused. The other 3 predictions, he didn’t care because he thought he was unbeatable and nothing and nobody can stop him!! But his ambitions so go down hill as his ambitions take control over him. He is a ‘brave solider’ at the beginning of the play, but turns into a ‘dangerous’ criminal near the end of the play. Macbeth’s ambitions are his biggest weakness of everything.
3) Lady Macbeth is a clever, but deep down she is cruel as her husband is. She influenced her husband to kill Duncan, even if Macbeth didn’t want too. The term ‘coward’ was used to make Macbeth have the courage to kill Duncan. Also Lady Macbeth wanted to change from being a woman to being a man, ‘Come to my woman’s breast and take my milk for gall’ and ‘unsex me here’ meaning she want to have the courage to kill Duncan. She wants man power because women were know as the ‘weak’ ones and Lady Macbeth wanted to be the strongest one.
4) I don’t know about this one, but I have some ideas about some thought.
– Macbeth feels guilty, remorse, from killing Duncan. (He has a guilty conscience).
– He starts having hallucinations, especially after the death of Banquo. He hears voices after the murder of Duncan, ‘Macbeth does murder sleep’ and this creeps him out. And the dagger that leads him to the kings room.
– His kingship was bad to begin with.
– Macbeth’s Fate and Free will change throughout the play.
I hope this helps as much as it will help me!!! I’m sorry if I didn’t help with question 4, I didn’t know that one, but I did the other 3!!