1. She entered the large, dilapidated castle fearfully.
2. The door squeaked loudly as she pushed it open. She paused, listening carefully.
3. Hearing nothing, she pushed the old door open just wide enough to slip through.
4. Before she closed the door, she glanced behind her. Fat white snowflakes fell in tight circles like dozens of icy ballerinas.
5. A thick blanket of snow already covered the grass and sidewalk. She would never make it home tonight.
6. She closed the door gently and it clicked close with a solid finality. She felt her heart sink to the pit of her stomach like a stone.
7. The foyer was lit soft, dim glow created from candles flickering along the lofty ceiling.
8. The light threw large, frightening shadows that forced her to stay close to the wall.
9. She walked tentatively down the hall, the heels of her shoes clicking sharply against the hard stone.
10. At the end of the hallway, she paused suddenly, unsure of which way to turn. The left fork was long and dark. She could hear the foreboding laughter of children and the melody of a piano. But to the right… the right was lit with a weak candle that was already fluttering in an unseen wind. Taking a deep breath, she turned right.