Complete the chart with the correct verb forms.
infinitive follow (1) ________________
I (2) ____________ I died
you followed (3) _______________
we follow (4) __________________
they (5) ______________ died
Fill in the blanks with the correct preterite forms of the verbs in parentheses
1.Diego and Javier _____________________ (get) a map.
2.This morning you____________________ (say goodbye) to the students.
3.You ______________________ (feeling) bad yesterday.
4. Last week I did not _______________________ (sleep) well.
5.Impay ___________________________ (prefer) eat at home.
Write sentences using the information provided. Use the preterite and make any necessary changes.
Edgar / prefer / roasted chicken
Edgar preferred roast chicken.
1. Alvaro and I / serve / the hors d’oeuvres
2. Who / repeat / instructions?
3.ayer / me / say goodbye / to / my nephews
4. you / fall asleep / at ten
Fill in the blanks with the preterite form of the appropriate verbs from the list. Four verbs will not be used.
open get choose to read
look ask to prefer to try
repeat feeling server dress
Last night Jorge, Iván and I went out to dinner at Mi Tierra, a Guatemalan restaurant. We (1) ___________ this place because Jorge (2) ________________ a review (review) on the Internet that said (said) that the food is authentic and very tasty. It is not an elegant restaurant; then we (3) ______________ of bluejeans. Truly, in My Earth my friends and I (4) __________ like (like) at home. The waiter who gave us (5) __________ was very friendly. To start, Jorge and Iván (6) ____________ tamales, but I (7) ____________ wait for the main course: beef with rice and beans. We ate so much (so much) that no (8) ___________ anything for dessert (dessert). It was a delicious dinner!
Write the direct or indirect object pronoun that is missing in each sentence.
Model The salad? The waiter served it to us.
1. The salmon? The owner me______________ recommends.
2. The food? I’m going to prepare you _______________.
3. The drinks? We are asking for __________________.
4. The sodas? You_______________ can I bring now.
5. The rice dishes? They are going to serve us _______________________ after
Model Can you bring me your plate? No, I can not bring it to you.
6. Do you want to show her the letter? Yes, I’m going to show ____________ the now.
7. Did you serve the meat? No, I did not _________________.
8. Are you going to read the menu? No, no_________________ I’m going to read it.
9. Do you recommend the lobster? Yes, _________________ I recommend it.
10. When are you going to prepare dinner for us? ___________________ I will prepare it in one hour
Imagine that you work as a waiter in a restaurant. Respond to the commands of these clients using pronouns. Follow the model.
Model Mrs. Gomez: A salad, please.
Yes ma’am. Right away I bring it to you.
1.Sres. Lopez: The butter, please.
2.Srta. Rivas: The shrimp, please.
3.Sra. Lugones: The roasted chicken, please.
4. Your companions: Coffee, please.
5. Your Spanish teacher: French fries, please.
6.Dra. González: The pork chop, please.
7. Your father: The mushrooms, please.
8.Dr. Torres: The account (check), please.
Change the following phrases by substituting (by replacing) the nouns for the corresponding pronouns. Make any (any) necessary change.
Model I wrote a letter to my father.
I wrote it to him.
1. I sent (sent) postcards to my friends.
2.Celia bought fruit for you.
3.Ángel recommended the roasted chicken.
4. The waiter served you a coffee.
5. Who sold us the butter?
6. Who brings you lunch today?
7. I ask the waitress for a flan.
8. Carlos’s mom prepares hamburgers.
9.The saleswoman sells hats to clients.
10.This year I bought a car.
Use the direct and indirect pronouns to write the following sentences again without changing the meaning. Follow the models.
Model You are going to show me this afternoon.
You’re going to show me this afternoon.
Women must buy them.
Women should buy them .
1. Children have to wash them.
2. You can not eat it.
3. We are drinking them.
4. Marta and you should not do them.
5. I’m going to ask for you this afternoon.
Write the equivalent of the words in English.
Model Ernesto watches more television than (than) Alberto.
1.You are _________________ (less) nice than Federico.
2.The waitress serves_______________________ (as much) meat as fish.
3. I receive __________________________ (more) tips than you.
4.No studio_____________________ (as much as) you.
5. Do you know how to play tennis so well__________________ (as) your sister?
6. Can you drink ________________________ (as many) sodas like me?
7. My friends seem like ____________________ (as) like you.
8. I am ___________________ (less) skinny than my brother.
Write the word that completes each comparison.
1.Martin is so tall_____________ Luis.
2.Luis is less tall_____________ Vicente.
3.Vicente is higher __________________ both (both).
4. Mirta is less athletic ___________________ Blanca.
5. Petra is so athletic ____________________ Mirta.
6. Professor Palafox is older_________________ Professor Porter.
7. But Professor Porter has___________________ classes like him.
8.No, Professor Palafox has more classes___________________ her.
9. Ricardo is lower _________________ Alma.
10.Soledad has less____________________ twenty years
Complete the following grammatical summary
Build comparative sentences from the given elements. Follow the model.
Alice model / be / + / responsible / her big sister
Alicia is more responsible than her older sister.
1. this year / I have / = / classes / last year
2. my father / traveling / – / your father
3. Margarita / not to speak French / = / well / you
4.in my class / have / + / boys / girls
5.Andrés / ser / = / sympathetic / his brother
Complete the following irregular comparative sentences according to the adjectives in parentheses. Follow the model.
Model Julieta is older (+ large) than her classmates.
6. Your friend plays tennis (+ badly) than me.
7. Carolina has (+ good) grades (grades) that Rodrigo.
8. My art teacher is (+ old) than my grandfather.
9.Gabriel is (+ young) than his girlfriend.
10. The number of students in this course is (+ small) than in the last course.
Write the equivalent of the words in English.
Model Marisa is the most intelligent (the most intelligent) of all.
1.Ricardo and Tomás are________________ (the least boring) of the party.
2. Miguel and Antonio are ________________ (the worst) students in the class.
3. My biology teacher is ___________________ (the oldest) of the university.
4. She is_________________________ (the youngest) of the group.
Answer the questions affirmatively. Use the words in parentheses.
Model The room is very dirty, is not it? (home)
Yes, it is the dirtiest of the residence.
1. The Velasco store is great, is not it? (Mall)
2. Your mother’s chair is very comfortable, is not it? (home)
3. Angela and Julia are very nervous about the exam, right? (class)
4. Jorge is very young, right? (my friends)
Complete the sentences with the superlative of the words in parentheses.
Model Bill Gates is the richest man in the world.
1. We are three brothers: I have two older brothers and I am _____________ (young).
2. If you train every day you can be the________________ (good) player on your team.
3. The Vatican has a population of only seven hundred and seventy people and is the _______________ (small) independent state of the world.
4. As Pablo never practices is the _____________________ (bad) musician in the orchestra.
5. The hair of Verdezuela (Rapunzel) was ___________________ (long).
6. Mary’s great grandfather is one hundred and two years old and is the __________________ (old) of his family.
Complete the following grammatical summary.
Construct correct and logical sentences using the superlatives of the given adjectives. Follow the model.
Eduardo Model / be the person / responsible / your whole family
Eduardo is the most responsible person in his entire family.
1. this / being the school / small / the country
2.the paella / be the dish / typical (traditional) / Spain
3.Pencho / be the student / bad / the class
4. Anita / ser / grande / of her sisters
5.The Winery / be the restaurant / good / of the city
Complete the following sentences with the irregular superlatives of the adjectives in parentheses. Follow the model.
Estefanía model is the largest (large) of her class group.
6. Paul is ______________- (young) of his cousins.
7. Adriana is ___________________ (small) of her premiums.
8. These are________________ (good) vacations of my life (life).
9. Monday is ________________ (bad) day of the week.
10. Enrique is__________________ (old) from his group of friends.