Learn how to migrate a legacy AngularJS application to a more current version of Angular.
Video includes :
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 11 Articles
- 2 Supplemental Resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
What Will I Learn?
- Modernise a legacy AngularJS application to use TypeScript and WebPack
- Migrate an AngularJS 1.x to Angular 2+ using ngUpgrade
- Migrate an AngularJS 1.x to Angular 2+ using iFrameMigration
- Know how to troubleshoot common migration issues
- You should have a good knowledge of both AngularJS & Angular
- You should have a working knowledge of git and a basic knowledge of node
This is a really practical migration course, we will cover topics such as:
- How to migrate an AngularJS codebase using the official ngUpgrade module.
- How to use modern tooling such as TypeScript/WebPack in your AngularJS app.
- How to migrate routing, specifically we cover migrating from uiRouter in AngularJS to the built in Angular router.
But also we are going to cover some really practical real-life topics as well such as:
- How to also migrate all those 3rd party modules your using in your AngularJS app.
- We have a section where we troubleshoot common issues, which I’ve gathered from working with clients on actual migration projects and answering questions for students.
- If all else fails, if the ngUpgrade approach doesn’t work for you, then I’m also going to teach an alternative catch-all migration approach I developed and later presented at the Angular Connect conference in London called iframe migration.
- Every migration is unique, so to keep you grounded I first teach a mental model, a way to think about migration.
- I then teach my 10 step plan for migration, this is a plan I developed and used successfully with a number of clients.
- We then go through a real case-study and using the 10 step plan we migrate an application from AngularJS to Angular.
- All the code for the case-study is available online via github with a separate branch for each step. I recommend you code along with me all the way through, however If you get stuck you can compare your code to the code on github for that step to make sure you got everything right.
- At the end I cover some bonus material including a section on trouble-shooting and a section on my alternative iframe migration strategy.
Who is the target audience?
- Someone with an existing legacy AngularJS application who wants to migrate to a current version of Angular
- Someone who has already started the migration process and is stuck