Use of Six-sigma to reduce the medical error
In chapter 12, there are five different techniques that managers can use them to find the problems and the causes to improve the quality of the organization, which are Quality control, total quality management, continuous quality improvement, reengineering and Six Sigma. However, for me as administrative of hospital, I am going to use six sigma techniques to reduce the medical errors at the hospital. This is effective and lucrative techniques, which can help us to identify different problems and let us propose different solutions regarding medical errors.
Use of Six-sigma to reduce the medical error
Health care is a very sensitive profession as in this field a little delay in the treatment or provision of the health care could resulted in great complicacies. Delay in providing health care service increase the cost of the health care service as well as it resulted as great stress and pain for the patient. Considering this aspect, in the following writing the purpose is to evaluate the effectiveness of six sigma technique in providing and enhancing the health care provision of health care services in hospital.
In an article named “Using Six Sigma Methodology to Reduce Patient Transfer Times from Floor to Critical-Care Beds” the writer has evaluated the effectiveness of six sigma by using the six sigma process to correct issues related to the transfer delays . For the evaluation the writer conducted a research in which he observed 714 bed tertiary care hospital. On the base of the result it was founded by the writers that with the six-sigma, eight key steps were identified in the transfer of patients from general medical floors to critical care areas. (Ozcan, 2009)
The problem solving six-sigma method resulted as around 60% reduction in the transfer time from general medical floor to the Intensive care units (ICU). Therefore, it is found that Six Sigma is an effective method to improve the quality in heath related project especially in the management of complex projects. (Esmat Gheysari & Mojdeh4, 2016)
In another article, “Analyzing the Waiting Time Pattern For Non-Critical Patients in the Emergency Department Using Six Sigma Approach” the writers has organized a research to examine the time of non-critical patients in Emergency Department through the six sigma approach. The data was collected from the university KEBANGSAAN Malaysia Medical Centre in 2009. In the analyses stage the cause and effect diagram was used to identify the causes of the problems. (Noriza Majida & Sabri, 2013)
On the base of the research it is found that waiting time is critical for the quality of health care and the Six-sigma is an effective approach to reduce the waiting time for the patient and so it is concluded that six-sigma is effective to manage the health care by improving the quality of health care. (tephan J. Silich & Nidal Abi Rafeh, 2012)
In another study named as “Effect of six sigma program on the number of surgeries cancellation” the writer has organized a study in which they have addressed the effectiveness of six-sigma technique to improve the quality of health care services. The researchers have organized this study by realizing that fact that cancelation of surgeries result are critical as it increase the cost of the treatment as well as it resulted in increased pain and stress for the patient. (Noriza Majida & Sabri, 2013)
In this evaluation, the researchers observed 850 cases through the six-sigma program and compared these cases with the 850 routine care programs. The cancelation of the health care cases was daily recorded and the reason behind the cancellation was also investigated. Following this the six-sigma program was implemented on the base of the reason and accordingly the necessary steps were taken to encounter the surgeries cancellation through six-sigma program. On the base of the research it was found that three categories including the patient, hospital system and physician were the main causes. In the ENT there was highest cancelation of surgeries which was around 74.19%. However, it was found that in orology surgeries there was no cancellation. Significant improve was observed with the implementation of six-sigma program as the cancellation rate was decreased from 3.6% to 1.4% cases. (Tephan J. Silich & Nidal Abi Rafeh, 2012)
On base of the aforementioned research studies and their resulted, it is concluded that quality has great important in health care and six-sigma is found as an effective way to improve the quality of health care services provision.
Esmat Gheysari, H. Y., & Mojdeh4, S. (2016). Effect of six sigma program on the number of surgeries cancellation. Iranian Journal of Nursing Midwifery Research, 191-196.
Noriza Majida, N. R., & Sabri, S. A. (2013). Analyzing the Waiting Time Pattern For Non-Critical Patients in the Emergency Department Using Six Sigma Approach. National Symposeum on Mathematical Science, 1492-1498.
Ozcan, Y. A. (2009). Quantitative methods in health care management. Jossey-Bass.
Tephan J. Silich, R. V., & Rafeh, N. A. (2012). Using Six Sigma Methodology to Reduce Patient Transfer Times from Floor to Critical-Care Beds. Journal for Healthcare Quality, 44-55.
|Category||Business & Management|
|Paper Type||Case Study Writing|
Our Online Writers
Check Our Live Stats
Frequently Asked Questions
Private and Confidential
Client’s all information is private and confidential; it is not shared with any other party. Even, we don’t ask client name and give user name to his/her profile. So, no one will know that you have taken help for your Academic paper from us.
We only accept PayPal as our payment method. It is 100% secure. As, We don’t take and store any Credit/Debit card information.
It is guaranteed all your Homework/Assignments Solutions are plagiarism free and original. Writers here charge for their efforts not for Copy/Paste work and TOS management takes strict action against those writers.
All the writers working here are recruited and chosen after taking strict evaluation of their Academic degrees, Experience and background. Then, they are allowed to work here as providing quality homework solution is our first priority.
24/7 online Writers
Our website is worldwide forum, where 100s of experts all over the world remain online round a clock, so, you can come at anytime and get the help from any of your homework. Even Urgent within 1 hour!
Prices at TutorsOnSpot.com
Prices at tutorsonspot.com are very competitive and low. As, tutorsonspot.com is marketplace so, all the writers bid for getting the work and competition among the writers lowers the price and you get your work done at low minimal prices.
- Our service provides you with original content that does not have plagiarism in it. We are renowned for providing our customers with customized content that is written specifically for them. If you are thinking, can someone help me with my research paper? You can depend on us to help you out.
- Our motto is to meet deadlines and deliver your solution right on time.We understand that you want to save your time and we respect it. Regardless of the difficulty, we deliver an unparalleled solution without any delay. Moreover, you get a money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with our service. To understand this guarantee, check our terms and conditions related to it.
- We perform a detailed research when writing your paper. With all of our services, we ensure to perform extensive research before creating your solution. Furthermore, if you have any questions, just reach out to our customer service team that is available all the day.
- It is our primary goal to satisfy you. Thus, if you are thinking: can someone write my research paper? Just contact us and get the best services that you can get.
Homework Questions in Business & Management
- How to Sell Anything to Anyone Udemy Free Download
- Business Analysis Fundamentals Udemy Free Download
- Build Internet of Things with ESP8266 & MicroPython
- The Complete Guide to League of Legends
- 2020 Complete Guide to YouTube Channel & YouTube Masterclass
- The Complete Final Cut Pro X Video Editing Crash Course
- C# Basics for Beginners – Learn C# Fundamentals by Coding
- MERN Stack React Node Ecommerce from Scratch to Deployment
- Learn Illustrator CC: Create Simple Flat Vector Characters
- Learn Python With 20+ Real World Projects [In 2020]
- A Complete Guide on TensorFlow 2.0 using Keras API
- Instagram marketing 2020 hashtags live stories ads & more
- Fullstack GoLang React Insanity Volume 1
- Blockchain Web Development on Ethereum 
- Microsoft Excel: Data Analysis using Excel Pivot Tables
- The Last Amazon FBA Course – [ 2020 ] Private Label Guide
- Excel vba programming – the complete guide
- Blender character creator v2.0 for video games design
- The Complete React Native + Hooks Course [2020 Edition]
- [Udacity] Become a Sensor Fusion Engineer
- [PacktPub] Hands-On Machine Learning for .NET Developers
- [Frontend Masters] Angular 9 Fundamentals
- Technical Analysis MasterClass:Trading By Technical Analysis
- Transformational Leadership – Leadership Course & Training
Best Service for the Struggling Students
Services For All Subjects
We have experienced tutors and assignment experts from all over the world for all subjects.
24/7 Live Writers
100's of qualified phd tutors round the clock.
Best Price Guarantee
Compare our price. Our services are of highest quality and lowest price, Guaranteed.
Plagiarism Free Work
Safe Payment Options
Pay using paypal though verified gateway for maximum safety, No risk.
100% Privacy Guaranteed
Scan our work with all plagiarism checking tools, Result will always be 0%.